Have you ever locked your keys in your car? Well your smart phone can unlock your car. There are certain apps you have to download to your phone. With these apps you can even start your engine. There is a catch, but its for your safety. In order for this to work for your car you will have to install a unit in your vehicle. For your safety your car will contact you to disable or activate your car if someone is trying to use there smart phone instead of you. You will get contacted by a text or a call, you get to choose when you install the unit in your vehicle. Now I know if I do lock my keys in my car I can just use my phone. I also will not worry about loosing my keys when I go on vacation because I'm going to make sure I just leave my keys in my car and when I get back I'll just unlock my car with my phone because I always carry my phone around with me. This is such a smart invention
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/mercedes-connects-to-the-iphone-and-blackberry/

I agree that more and more people are starting to use this app to replace their keys. I think that is crazy how people are smart enough to come up with things like this. I've never used this or seen anyone use it but I think it would be kind of cool! If you had this, even if you lost your keys, you would still be able to lock, unlock, and start your car. I think it's very smart to have safety assurances so that if someone tries to get into you car with a different phone, you will be notified.
ReplyDelete